Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Enriched and covered in snow

So tonight I went to this meeting where there were a bunch of women learning stuff that would "enrich" our lives . . . but I don't think I was enriched and will probably be banned since I sat and made jokes to the person sitting next to me all night. It probably would have been ok, except the person sitting next to me kept laughing out loud. It was obvious that she is a nicer person than me and hasn't had much practice at "pretending" to listen while silently laughing your guts out (Miss BYU knows what I am talking about!) Sometimes it's hard to do . . . and I think it is a real talent, obviously one that few people have and I will be more selective in the future about who I tell my jokes too during serious meeting time!

Well, this meeting include information on being prepared and a little thing called a 72 hour kit - all I know was that the bags were WAY to small to hold all the stuff I would need to survive 72 hours . . . I am thinking I need something a little more in the neighborhood of a rolling suitcase! I mean . . . those little backpacks barely hold all the food, let alone a cute pair of shoes, all my makeup, three books (cause that's how many I would read in three days), and some scrapbook supplies in case I get bored. And what's with the one change of clothes??? Three days and one outfit?? I'm thinking you better back a butt load of perfume and deodorant if that's the case! And then there was the food . . . not I might be a bit of a pig, but that food she laid out wouldn't get me through ONE day let alone three!!! I'm gonna be eating dirt soup if that's the case. And three days requires at least a 12 pack of diet pepsi so you better be finding room for that. . . along with my DVD player and 12 movies, my ipod, cell phone charger, and some bubble bath. Now THAT'S a 72 hour kit I can get behind!

So, once the meeting was over, I stepped outside, only to be completely blindsided by SNOW. Man I didn't see that coming . . . I hate snow. It makes me miserable. I came home thinking that a move to Texas just might not be so bad! So the snow was bad enough to RUIN my night, but then I came home and found out we had a new president. . . I guess the snow was just the aftermath of Hell freezing over. . .

I'm thinking the only thing this will be good for is my blog, cause now I'm thinking I will have LOTS to complain about for the next four years. . .

I hope this has been "enriching" for you . . .

No comments: