Monday, November 3, 2008

Boring Day

Well, today was a VERY boring day! I only left my house for a few minutes all day, and the only people I talked to in person were family . . . so you might think it would be hard for me to find something to complain about today . . . NOPE! It's not hard at all - in fact, I may have several topics by the time I'm through!

First - I'm not a huge fan of Daylight Savings Time. I don't HATE it in the fall, but only because I get to sleep in an hour on that one day . . . I DO hate it in the spring . . . because it always seems to fall during my vacation and takes an hour of Disneyland away from me and that makes me REALLY mad! Some people love it, what with having light in the morning when they get up and all . . . but I don't love it! In fact . . . all that sunlight streaming through my window when I woke up this morning about gave me a freakin heart attack!! I'm just not used to it being that bright when I get the kids up for the day and at first I thought I had forgotten to set my alarm (wouldn't be the first time) and my daughter had missed the bus! It was NOT a nice way to wake up! Then, all the sudden I looked out the window and it's getting dark! Oh crap . . . I forgot to start dinner . . . again . . . but when I look at the clock it's only 5:30! I hate this time change. It's been dark for three hours by the time I put the kids to bed and I feel like I should be in bed too!

The only nice thing about it was last night . . . when I put the kids to bed and 7 and reasoned that it was really 8 on their "internal body clock" - isn't that terrible?

Ultimately, it's just so dang confusing! Which states are on it and which states are not? If I go to Arizona in May is it an hour behind or an hour ahead or is it the same time . . . or is it a different state that doesn't observe it?? See what I mean about being confused! I have enough trouble trying to figure out central vs eastern and mountain vs pacific! And then, I never even know when it's coming! Heck, if it weren't for a random conversation with my brother the night before, I would have been an hour early to everything for two days . . . or is it an hour late??? Oh who knows . . .

. . . see why I needed a blog . . . so much to say about NOTHING!

No comments: