Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Am I having a flashback?

K so lately I am thinking I stepped back in time to somewhere in the 1980's! Is anyone else noticing this?

My kids are watching transformers and carebears! Granted the graphics are much better now, and the tv they watch them on is much bigger than the TV we had when I was growing up . . . Some of you remember - the 54 inch console that housed a 19 inch screen! One other major difference is the new versions are on like every day, while their 80's counterparts were only on Saturday mornings! Lucky kids!

And its not just TV, its music too! Every time I turn on the radio lately there is an 80's remake playing! Personally I see no reason to remake something that was perfect the first time! If there was one thing I wouldn't change about the 80's it would definitely be the music.

And if there was one thing I wouldn't bring back it would be the clothes! Man we were fashion challenged back then. . . But here they are again! ARE YOU KIDDING! Can you not see how terrible those clothes were! Leg warmers??? They are horrible! What was that all about anyway?? I didn't get it then and I don't get it now!(even if I did have a few pair of my own . .. Red and purple lol) And skinny jeans? Sorry but I have yet to see anyone in two decades that looked good in those! To top it off, just the other day I saw a picture of Katie Holmes and she had pegged her pants! Wow! It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Oh the good old 80's - so much good . . . So much not good! As long as girls don't go back to ratting their hair to the celing and using an entire bottle of aquanet to hold it, then I think we can handle a little flashback to the good old days (I feel old just writing that).

Anyway, next time you buy an outfit or hear a new song, its quite possible that I once wore an exact copy, or made out to the original . . . Not a pretty thought! Well I have to go now . . . Time to watch the new 90210!

2 comments:

Annie said...

you're cray cray anna.

Lindsay said...

I agree. It's so deja vu! makes me wish i'd not gotten rid of my killer 80's clothes. :( not that i'd fit in them, but my lil girl may dig em someday.