Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Love your WHAT?

Ok so lately, I have been noticing a VERY disturbing trend. I keep seeing people writing that they love peoples guts? Now the first time I saw this I spent 20 minutes studying the keyboard on my phone and trying to figure out what word they meant to type. I was certain that it had to be a mistake! However, as time has gone on I have noticed this disgusting thing creeping up all over the place!

So now I ask you - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? When I think of guts, Love is NOT the word that comes to mind . . . gross, disgusting, vile, smelly, bloody, puke, rotten . . . all these things come to mind, but not LOVE!

Now I get these trends . . . they come and go . . . for awhile "bad" was good, and then "phat" was good (not to be confused with Fat which is NEVER good), but now GUTS are good? I am not liking this trend at all . . . where do we go from here . . . I don't even want to think about that.

I just think things have gone too far if people are loving other peoples guts . . . can't you just love their outsides??? Loving the face I get, loving their hair I get . . . but not this!

In my day we had nothing that compared to this - the closest I can come was the descriptive phrase used to describe something that you detested, or that you were very unhappy about . . . "Gag me with a spoon". Now see, we didn't mix our good things like LOVE with our bad things like GUTS.

Now for those of you who were not fortunate enough to live through the greatest era of all time (ie: the 80's) I will give you an example of how to use this fantastic phrase and perhaps you could bring it back and start using it again!

1- Friend: Billy likes you
You: Billy with one eyebrow who wears only the color yellow? Gag me with a spoon

2 - Friend: Miss B assigned a 4200 word essay on the fall of communism
You: oh Gag me with a spoon

3 - Friend: Your parents are chaperoning the dance
You: Gag me with a spoon

4 - Friend: wanna go eat at taco bell?
You: I'd rather you Gag me with a spoon

Now that is a great descriptive term . . . usable in all situations . . . and not nearly as disgusting as gut references.

I have often heard "I hate your guts" which made sense . . . guts and hate went together better in my oppinion. I will admit however, that in order to love someones guts you must love them an awful lot . . . I want nothing to do with any of your guts . . . sorry

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Husbands Grandmother was from Oklahoma, she would often say that she loved your guts. Even more disgusting she loved you so much she wanted to eat your guts. You figure that one out. Maybe it is a "Okie" thing.